3. Processing of personal data when using CIB doXicloud
(1) When downloading the mobile app, the required information is transferred to the App store. We have no influence on this data processing and are not responsible for it. We only process the data to the extent necessary for downloading CIB doXicloud to your mobile device. For more information, please visit policies.google.com/privacy.
(2) The CIB doXicloud app is a multi–cloud. You can link the app to different clouds (CIB doXisafe, CIB doXima, Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive). To do this, you need to create an account with the respective cloud provider and integrate it into the CIB doXicloud.
If you link a cloud to the CIB doXicloud app, we process the following data that is technically necessary for us to offer you the functions of our mobile app. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR:
- Username of the respective cloud
- E-mail address
Your user data is only stored on your end device and is not transferred to CIB servers. The data is deleted when you disconnect the connection between the respective cloud and app or delete the app.
(3) If you have connected a cloud to your CIB doXicloud app, the app will gain access to your data stored in the respective cloud (CIB doXisafe, CIB doXima, Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive). The connection of the CIB doXicloud app with the respective cloud is done through an API interface. The doXicloud app serves as a tool to manage and, in particular, share your data stored in the respective cloud.
When linking a cloud with the CIB doXicloud App, we process the following data which are technically necessary for us to offer you the functions of our mobile app. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR:
Your content on the other clouds is transferred to the CIB server for a short time to display a preview of these files in the CIB doXicloud app and stored. The transfer of the data is encrypted.
Your data will be treated confidentially by us and deleted if you revoke the rights to use it or it is no longer required to provide the services and there are no legal retention obligations.
(4) Crash reports by Firebase Crashlytics
a. To ensure the stability and security of doXicloud, we require crash reports. We use “Firebase Crashlytics” to generate anonymised crash reports. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The responsible entity for users in the EU/EEA and Switzerland is Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”).
b. If a crash occurs, information (e.g., the timestamp of the crash; the name and version number of the operating system of the device; the model name of the device, the CPU architecture, the amount of RAM and storage space) will be transmitted to Google’s servers in the USA. This information may also include the following personal data:
- Crashlytics installation UUIDs.
- Stack traces when the application crashes or an error occurs.
- Breakpad mini-dump formatted data (NDK crashes only).
The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR. The crash reports are only sent with your consent. With the Android app, you can consent to the transmission of crash reports to Google and the app developers, centrally on your end device. With the iOS app, you can give your consent in the settings of the app or after a crash.
Revoking consent in the Android app:
You can revoke your consent by selecting the item “Google” in the settings of your end device and clicking on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner. There you can deactivate the item “Use & Diagnosis” under the menu item “Use & Diagnosis”. Further information can be found in the Google Account Help.
Revoking consent in the iOS app:
You can revoke your consent by deactivating the item “Crash reports” under Settings in the doXiscan app.
c. Google stores the collected data for 90 days.
(5) We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google tools.
Further information on Google’s data protection can be found in Firebase’s data protection information at https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy.